Dave,

Have to agree with Paul. For someone familiar with Calc it is surprising
and confusing that Sum in a Writer table cannot be done using the method he
demonstrated. In Calc the method Paul demonstrated is the one I use most
frequently. The method you demonstrated is one I rarely use.

Can you direct me to where a feature / enhancement request should be
submitted?

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 7:24 AM Dave Barton <da...@libreoffice.org> wrote:

> On 24/11/2020 11:53, Paul Sutton wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am trying (well struggling) to figure out how to use the sum feature
> > within a table in LibreOffice writer.
> >
> > So I can :
> >
> > Create a table
> > Enter numbers in a column
> >
> > trying to use the sum tool on the context tool bar causes the software
> > to just not work as expected.
> >
> > https://diode.zone/videos/watch/d08d5d5d-99af-4590-a2b5-c430d9ef57bf
> >
> > Question here is am I using this feature correctly?
> >
> > Another odd thing here, is that pressing the sum feature that causes the
> > above also appears to grey out the exit button for libreoffice,  alt-f4
> > works to close the document, but neither ctrl-q or file exit work.
> >

> > Thanks for any help
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Paul Sutton
>
> Paul,