Hi Alain and Ilmari,

Op 31-12-2020 om 12:24 schreef LibreOfficiant:
Hi Peter,

As suggested by Ilmari, writing tutorials in the wiki looks like the
appropriate approach as Python newbies are your intended audience. I
understand you seek for guidance, here's my take on a potential "Macros and
Scripting" tutorials page for Basic, Beanshell, (C++, Java,) Javascript, and
more precisely for Python:

- Running Python example scripts
   - using LibO UI
   - checking for/ installing Python scripting framework (may be included in
installation pages) on  *nix platforms

- Using the Python interactive console
   - native Python examples
     - e.g ScriptforgePythonHelper.py
   - typing Python UNO example scripts
     - import uno vs. XSCRIPTCONTEXT
   - APSO benefits here...
   - EDI benefits here..

I found it difficult to transfer what I had in mind via the mailing list. Therefore I have put my ideas in a document: python_ideas.odt

It is available in https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/apps/files/?dir=/LibreOffice%20Documentation/English/Contributor%20Resources&fileid=81380

It is an attempt to cover the things you suggested above.

It is a document of about eight pages, do not know whether that is suited for a wiki.

So now there is a concrete proposal to react on, it also reflects the level of my skills.

Open for comments on the approach taken, and corrections onĀ  the content.

For the moment I will leave the other thread (on wiki.documentation) as it is.

regards peter