Friday, July 11, 2008
Hair loss


Women and Hair Loss

Androgenetic alopecia, is the most common type of hair loss in women. Commonly, 
those with this condition will experience hair loss on the top and sides of the 
head. Affecting approximately one third of susceptible women, androgenetic 
alopecia results in noticeable thinning usually after menopause, when 
production of the female hormone estrogen slows down dramatically or stops 
altogether.


        Causes of Hair Loss
Diet
Hair loss may also be due to dieting. Many diet programs, designed or 
administered under the direction of a physician with prescribed meals, dietary 
supplements and vitamin ingestion, have become popular.


        Hormonal Changes
Many women may not realize that hair loss can occur after pregnany, or 
following discontinuation of birth control pills. Hair loss may be delayed by 
three months following the hormonal changes and may take another three months 
before new growth is fully achieved.


Genetic Hair Loss
Female pattern hair loss results from a genetic predeposition causesd by an 
abnormal reaction to normal hormone levels, or a normal reaction to abnormally 
elevated hormone levels.


My Story by, Elle York, 17 Years Old Filed under alopecia totalis, hair loss, 
hair loss pictures, hair loss story, hair shedding, wigs, womens hair loss

My Story by, Elle, York, 17 Years OldJune 14th 2004. I bet I know what you’re 
thinking. “That’s when her hair started falling out” Right? Nope. That’s when I 
had my ability to walk taken away from me. It was a normal day, and I was 
training for a big national competition in Australia with my horse. I had been 
riding for 10 years before that day, and falling off was just another thing. No 
big deal. I had heard that you had a 2% chance of something going horribly 
wrong if you fell off a horse, and I’d never come away with anything more then 
a couple of bruises and some sore muscles until that day. I was now a 
paraplegic. Being faced with the fact that I would never walk again. Ever. That 
I would be completely dependant on a wheelchair for the rest of my life and 
have to learn all over again to do simple tasks like looking after myself. It 
was hard. Very hard. But not the hardest thing I’ve experienced.

Just before my 16th birthday, my hair began to fall out. Very slowly at first, 
just a few more stands then normal. But in the next week it became more and 
more noticeable. There would be hair on my pillow, in my sheets, stuck on my 
clothes, on the lounge, in the shower, absolutely everywhere. Handfuls of hair 
would painlessly and effortlessly come out just running my fingers through my 
hair. I used to sit on the bottom of the shower in shock, as I watched my hair 
run loose with the stream of water and watch the water rise as the hair covered 
the drain. I was petrified of brushing my hair. I wanted to keep the small 
amount of hair that I had left. I felt so ugly, so alone, like such a freak. I 
was a girl! A YOUNG girl. And here I was holding my hair in my hands crying and 
hoping to God that this was just a horrible, nasty dream.

But it wasn’t. It was real, and after a while I decided it had to go. I was 
sick of the torment of showers and having to brush knots out of my hair and end 
up brushing out hundreds of strands, having it cover the entire house and 
having no control over it. So I decided to shave my remaining hair off to raise 
money for the Leukemia Foundation of Australia.

Posted by admin on Monday, September 17th, 2007

http://hair-maya.blogspot.com



Kirim email ke