On Mon, June 29, 2009 01:43, Harish Narayanan wrote:
> Ilmar Wilbers wrote:
>> The problem is because of the XML validation functions. Those have been
>> part of libxml since 2006, so Leopard uses a very old version. We fixed
>> this on the Mac buildbot by making sure all environment variables from
>> Fink come before the others (DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH etc).

Actually, /sw/lib is not in DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH on the buildbot. Only PATH,
PYTHONPATH, and PKG_CONFIG_PATH are prepended with Fink related paths.

> Could the build system be modified to look for these in the fink paths
> before the system path on darwin?

I'm not sure if it is a good idea to force any particular order on the
build system flags that we get from the pkg-config files. I guess the
problem is that both -L/sw/lib and -L/usr/lib is being used when building
DOLFIN? Is both really needed? On the buildbot only -L/sw/lib is used.

Johannes