Hello,

is there any possibility to test if there is a specific XPath Node in an XML
Document.

For Example:

I've got an Document A which contains the specific XPath
(Root//namespace:Element//namespace:@id)

And I've got an Document B which contains this specific XPath not.

I tried an

[JAVA]
if ( doc.selectSingleNode("//Root//namespace:Element//namespace:@id") != null )
[/JAVA]

but didn't really expect to get it work.

I got the following exception:
"XPath expression uses unbound namespace prefix"

So it is and namespace problem again. I tried the same JAVA code for very
simple XML without any Namespace an it works.

The XML:
[XML]
<TEST>
 <A>
 </A>
 <B>
 <C>
   TEST
 </C>
 </B>
</TEST>
[XML]

And the JAVA-Code:
[JAVA]
if ( doc.selectSingleNode("//TEST//B//C") != null ){
                System.out.println("Dokument1");}
else
            {System.out.println("NO");}
[/JAVA]

With the XML I got "Dokument1" with another testXML I got "NO". Even with
namespace XML I got "NO" then.

The problem is: I can't leave out the namespace.

A possible (but untestet solution until now) could be to temporarilly insert
the namespace (with JAVA) in the XML which I want to test and afterwards to
delete it. Because there are only about 20 possible namespaces it would be OK.
But I'm not sure if it would work and I don't think it would be the best
variant to do so.

So maybe you got any solution how I could test an XML for an specified XPath.

Thanks and best regards,
André
--
GRATIS fÃŒr alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!