From: Laurin Willis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2000 12:51 PM
To: 'Adams, Steve'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: Set Lists

Yes, the length of a show is based upon the contract terms agreed with the
promoter or a touring partner (such as Chicago this  past summer).  When the
Doobies tour with another band their shows are generally limited to about 75
mintues while shows where they are the headliner will run up to 90 minutes.

Historically, the Doobies establish a setlist at the beginning of a tour and
stick with it througout a tour.  This pretty much ensures that you are going
to see one hell of a show night in and night out.  This generally isn't the
case with bands that change the set list every night and perform extended
jams.  Take the Dead for instance; they performed a different set list every
night of their career.  There were nights when this experiment worked and
the music was magic.  There were many more nights where the Dead performed
well below their potential.  The Doobies prefer to offer an "A" concert
every night.

"Nobody" and "Clear as the Driven Snow" have actually made appearances on
recent tours.  "Nobody" was part of the Doobies' set list beginning April
23, 1997 and remained in the set list through July 1998.  "Clear as the
Driven Snow" has been played in 2 recent tours; the first beginning with
Lynyrd Skynyrd August 1996 and it was played through Reno in March 1997.  It
appreared again in Las Vegas October 1997 (The Convention Weekend) and
remained in the sets through the HOB shows in LA August 1998.

"I Cheat the Hangman" in it's entirety has been played very rarely.  The
only instance where I know the song was played in it's entirety was the 1975
tour to support the album "Stampede".  The instrumental portion of the song
was played for about 4 years as an introduction for China Grove (1978-1982).
Most recently, the instrumental portion of "Hangman" opened a shows from
October 1996 - early March 1997.

"Down In the Track" is almost non existent live.  It was played during the
1987 Reunion tour, however, the only other instance I can find where it has
been performed live is ABC's "New Years' Rockin Eve" on the eclipse of the
new year 1975/1976.  The funny thing is, Tommy isn't there, so Pat takes the
lead vocals.

Hope this helps.

Laurin