No one has sent a reply to my previous survey...in case you didn't get it,
here it is again.

Hi folks,

At this time of the year we reflect back on the past year, so here are my
reflections on the past year in music.
The BEST:
1) SIBLING RIVALRY - Anyone surprised?  I may be biased on this, but, anyone
I play this CD for is impressed and wonders why they haven't heard it on the
radio.  Great CD by musicians who actually care, appreciated by people who
actually listen.
2) SANTANA - Some real muscianship on "Supernatural".  "Smooth" was the hit
of 2000!
3) BON JOVI - "It's My Life" is a great tune.
4) STEELY DAN - Welcome back, but a song about a loser trying to steal a kiss
from his cousin, who is now a babe?  Hmmmm.
The WORST:
1) Madonna's tepid, boring cover of "American Pie" - Yuck!!!  VH-1 & MTV go
on and on about how she reinvents herself...gimmicks, all gimmicks...not one
memorable song in I don't know how long!
2) The overuse of the whining N'Sync, etc. singing style, actually started by
Boys II Men a few years ago.  Stop it guys, or you'll have to go to your room!
3) The overemphasis of what Jennifer, Britney, Christina, Lil' Kim, etc. are
wearing (or not wearing).  Don't get me wrong, I don't mind looking at them,
but, shouldn't it be about the music?
What do you folks think?

Happy New Year,
George, on Higher Ground

PS - My blood bank here in NJ also does a free cholesterol check.