Happy New Year and best wishes to the Doobie Brothers and all fan club members...

If your satellite or cable system offers multiple VH1s, you might want to tune to VH1 Classic Rock and, if lucky, you will see vintage Doobie Brothers.  Last night they played film of the Doobies playing a funky version of Long Train Runnin' from '73 or' 74, the credits saying from the Warner Brothers Captain and Me.

There are Patrick, Tom (with carnation stuck in the guitar neck), and Skunk up front, with Skunk, at one point, trying to lick the flower!  As the camera quickly pans around, you'll see John Hartman getting into the congas, a second drummer who didn't look like BIG Mike (could it have been early Keith sans beard?), Tiran and a three-piece horn section (Memphis Horns?).

This is a gem.  But it came on so fast, I didn't have time to get a tape into the VCR, so I stood mesmerized where I was until it was over.

Has anyone else seen it who might be able to give more details?  Take care,

Bill from Jersey