Ok...I've sat quietly and it's time to share my
opinion...after listening to Sibling Rivalry over and
over and over again, here are my thoughts on getting
some airplay...

I feel there's a much better chance of getting airplay
for the slower/mellower songs right now.  The Adult
Contemporary (AC) sound is probably the biggest thing
going!  If you recall back in the late 80's/early
90's, Poco (yes, Poco) had a huge AC hit with "Call it
Love".  A lot of this was because of great marketing.
They didn't aim for the ROCK stations (which is how
they're largely classified) but went for the AC/"Soft"
stations that would still throw their song "Crazy
Love" on every now and then.  You know that the Doobs'
old tunes are on these stations constantly.  I'd
almost make a wager that "Listen to the Music" is one
of the most played older songs of all time.  With that
type of recognizability, they should have no problem
getting songs like "Can't Stand to Lose" and "Ordinary
Man" (my two favorite slow ones off of SR) some air
time.  Picture Eric Clapton singing "Ordinary Man" and
tell me that wouldn't be in the top 10 on the AC
charts right now!  After some success with these
songs, the Doobs' could then blow everyone away with
their two big songs--Jericho and Rocking Horse!  If
Poco can get a top 20 song and top 40 album from ONE
MEDIOCRE slow song, who knows what the Doobies could
accomplish?!!  I've been on an email campaign for the
past week asking the two prominent AC stations in St.
Louis to give my idea a try.  I'd love to hear what
you guys think of this.  Am I out of my mind or is
this a workable idea??  Thanks!

Doug