George,

I know exactly what you mean! It wasn't until MBM that I actually realised
that  "doobie" was slang for a waccy-baccy cigarette! It wasn't a
commonly-known word in the UK in the 70's.

Which strikes me as strange - if some members really didn't like the name,
why have a picture of one on an album inner sleeve......

Best regards,

Brian, England