Ok, I will come out from lurking.

I guess I am one of those that run the gamut, I mean I have loved the band from 45's all the way to CD's.  I suppose the first piece of music I owned of theirs was a Black Water 45.  I grew up in the San Francisco bay area so I had the chance to go to many concerts there.  What a lucky girl am I.  I traveled the state to catch as many concerts there as I could, the Mountain Aire concerts bring back a smile, heck I even saw them when they did the lights and smoke.  I am one of the lucky ones to have heard I Cheat The Hangman live.  I was also lucky enough to attend the farewell concerts at Berkeley.  It was a sad night, but now makes me feel as if I were a part of history.

Fast forward to the 21st century.  I now live in Arkansas and usually have to travel in order to see the band once a year, although I have been able to get two a year by going to Texas and Mississippi to see the guys.  Since joining the list close to the beginning I believe(it's been a few year anyway), I have gotten divorced, engaged and turned 40 a couple of weeks ago. Through all the good and bad, the Doobies have carried me through.  I have a son who will be 17 next week, a daughter that is 14 and learning to drive, and some soon to be step kids that I am quickly turning into Doobies fans.  My kids already are huge fans and have been thrilled to get to see the band and meet them a couple of times.  My son was a bit bummed to not be able to go to the concert in Tunica on his birthday next week,(it's and age thing) but then so is his mom, I waited too long and the concert is sold out.  I had a good cry over my darn procrastination, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for another concert to be added in my neck of the woods.  If there is anyone out there that has a couple of extra tickets to Tunica, hey let me know, you could be my new best friend.  The newest addition to our joining families is a Boston Terrier, named Harley, if I can't ride one, then I will just have to name my dog after one.

I am sure there was more I was planning to write, but it's time to go fix dinner.  No matter, who has been a part of the band I have always loved them.  The fact they can't be tied down to one type of music has got to be one the their greatest charms.  That and the fact that they are just the nicest and most down to earth bunch of guys.  I am always looking forward to my next concert.  Doesn't look like I will make the convention this year, but like meeting the Doobies was one of my goals in life, getting to a convention is on the list now.  One of these day, I will get there to meet as many of you wonderful people as I can.  This list never fails to life my spirits and give me a smile at the end of the day.

To quote a popular lyric of the list at the moment...

Music Is The Doctor

Keep Rockin,

Bobbi