I was almost there today folks.  Trying to stoke up a fire of enthusiasm for the
up-coming concerts I'll be attending, I asked Mr. Gina, "Why don't we drive into San
Antone today, hun?"  I don't think he knew I was really wanting to do some snooping
around on the "sleepy little town" located 15 miles east of there.  We live about 190
miles southeast of the real China Grove the Doobs sing about.  I know Tommy just made
up the story about China Grove but the mystery of it has always peaked my curiousity.
I wanted it to make sense.  I wanted it to be real.  Why?  Maybe I just have a need to
make a Doobie connection.  Then again, maybe I am just insane....okok!  Don't say it!
Anyway, here's some info:
China Grove Tx is located  23X19 N. 98X55 W  The main drag is a street named
"Arriola"...I'm not even gunna go there.
Population: 839
There really are a preacher and a teacher named the Sahans who own a pre-school called
The Joy School which is part of the China Grove Seventh Day Adventist Church.  Whether
they are the talk of the town, I don't know.
The people of the town don't sound that strange to me.  Most of em work at the Lone
Star Bakery or the T&S Paving Company founded in 1993.
The sherrif and his buddies are part of the Bexar County sherrif's Dept. which
services San Antonio, Austin and San Marcos.
And though it's a part of the Lone Star state, I didn't seem to care.  I just kept on
looking to the east; back to Katy, TX where I belong.
 China Grove is BORING!!!  Thank God for the Doobies and that song.  That town needs
SOMETHING!!!
Desperate for Doobie Sitings,
Gina Cinderella Dorman

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!