Title: We're moving forward, not backward...

The fan club is making a change.  It's an important change that will
ultimately allow the fan club to grow.  The change, however, won't be
immediate, it will occur over a period of time.  Definite plans for club
direction will be determined so that the transition is smooth and
seamless.  This will not be an immediate and haphazard event.

The fan club will be moving forward.  We already have a tremendous body
of volunteers in place in the club; volunteers who truly keep the club
going.  Los Angeles 2001 is in a little less than 4 weeks.  Basically,
all I have had to do since the event was first announced was make a few
telephone calls, send a couple of e mails, sign one piece of paper, and
collect the money...here are the people who have done the real work:

Doobie Dan - Arranged with the Hyatt West Hollywood for the Fan Club
block room purchase and the Ballroom where the convention will be held.
Arranged with the HOB for the fan club pre-sale & fan club access to the
floor before the general public.  Has collected all sorts of memorabilia
that will be for sale at the convention and will have his personal
collection on display for all to see...

JR - Once again has done a phenomenal job with the booklets and did a
great job on the registration website.

Richard Verson - Designed the name tags and is printing the booklet.

Mark Lichtenberger - called all around LA looking for outside activities
for fans.  Also is renting vans for us to use...

Lori & Rick Seaman - Putting on the stunt driving school on Thursday

Shad - arranged for Blake Clarke to perform at the Thursday night dinner
and for Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini to attend.

Laurin - essentially I've been taking up space waiting to die...

I've spoken with Chris and know what he was trying to say with his note
last week.  We're cool with each other.  He's correct in stating that it
will require the efforts of everyone to keep us moving forward, and yes,
it will be US, I'm not disappearing, I'm just moving into the general
population.

Please don't assume that the "burnout" is solely attributable to the Fan
Club...it IS NOT!  I have been burning the candle at both ends the past
several years and something has to give in order to maintain mental
health.  This has been my life for the past several months:

DBFC
        Los Angeles 2001
        Blood Drive
Moderator of the Board of Deacons of my Church
        Kitchen Guild Chair
        Funeral Guild Chair
        Secretary Christian Education Committee
        Blood Drive Coordinator
        Officer Nominating Committee
Board Member - Richmond Emergency Housing Authority
"John" in Jesus Christ Superstar
CARITAS (Homeless boarded at our church)
        Monday night cook
        Wednesday night shower coordinator
Set up a professional photography studio for Susie in our garage and
back yard
and I'm working to take control of my business life as well....

It's just time to chill out and get to know my wife and child again.
That's all...

WE'RE gonna have a great time!  I'm excited!

      Laurin