Chris, thank you, thank you. What a great review!!!! I love hearing about
my idol, Tommy. Man, I wish they would put some good stuff like this on our
local stations. Have a great time at the upcoming concerts, and thanks again.
Steve

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> Dear Members....The undeniable benefit of living in the Bay Area just
came to pass....while getting ready for work this morning the local Fox
affiliate, KTVU, had a piece about the Doobie Brothers with the founding
member Tom Johnston being interviewed by Mark Pitta...there were about
three short segments in between the morning news, etc....Tommy was
promoting a fundraiser open to the public which will occur this Thursday
for St. Mark's School...hoping to produce funds for a gym for the school.
The CD, Sibling Rivalry, was also promoted (and shown on camera) and Tommy
performed People Gotta Love Again, LTTM, LTR, and Dock of the Bay. This
interview took place at the Tiburon Ferry Terminal. Tommy accompanied
himself on acoustic guitar and only excerpts of the songs were
broadcasted...though LTR got more air time.  Mark Pitta even got Tommy to
do Dock of the Bay. (Tommy was funny by saying the words will be
interesting. Tommy stood up by the railing to do this song and Mark P!
>it!
>> !
>> ta joined him for this very shor
>> t segment.)  During the interview Tommy mentioned how they just returned
last night from Chicago and talked about traveling by bus from about 3 or
places. He had a good set of bags under his eyes but played and sang well
for an outdoor setting (not studio quality but still good). He sat on a
park bench with the interviewer while his family (wife and two kids) were
in the background sitting on an adjoining bench. The interview was light
hearted mentioning how in the past the band traveled by plane cutting down
on travel time (even interjected about the two planes and one burning) but
that the part of tour they just returned from was bussed. He liked
traveling by plane because he could sleep in and arrive at 12 and take off.
Mark Pitta sang with Tommy on the chorus of LTTM and his studio anchors
rated him by holding up cards..needless to say they razzed him and gave him
very low scores.  This was the most I have ever seen Tommy talk. He seemed
at ease (or faking it pretty good!
> i!
>> !
>> f he wasn't). Glad I could pass
>> this along to all of you.
>>
>> What a great way to start the day!!! Now on to Konocti this Saturday.
>>
>> Chris P.
>> West San Jose Chapter, DBFC
Slow Burnin' Steve