On Wednesday 21 Oct 2009, Alan Pope wrote:
> 2009/10/21 Terry Coles <d-...@hadrian-way.co.uk>:
> > Does anyone know if it is possible to run the Asus EEE 701 version of
> > Xandros inside a VM?  I got the ISO from
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/eeecommunity/files/ and tried to install
> > it in VirtualBox.  Unfortunately, when I try to boot, the machine shuts
> > down straight after the Asus splash screen.  I've tried increasing and
> > decreasing the allocated memory, but that doesn't help.
>
> I tried doing this a while ago. I failed in the same way. I suspect
> it's because X wont start due to the xandros image not having the
> right video driver for virtualbox/xen/vmware/whatever but only the
> intel based video driver. I guess it might be possible to bodge in the
> virtualbox driver somehow, by booting off a live ISO in the VM and
> mounting the xandros filesystem, and manipulate the files directly..

I suspected that it might be some EEE specific hardware dependency.

I'll just have to try to visualise what my mother is seeing and help her that
way.  Otherwise, it's a quick trip to the Midlands this weekend.....

                64 bit computing with Kubuntu Linux

--
Next meeting: Dorchester, Tuesday 2009-11-03 20:00
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/