On Wednesday 21 Oct 2009, Andrew Morgan wrote:
> Terry Coles wrote:
> > - I can 'see' an xorg.conf if I do ls X* in /mnt-system/etc
>
> Capital vs. lowercase X? If you really are doing this then I suspect it
> is listing the contents of /mnt-system/etc/X11/ which happens to only
> contain xorg.conf?

I didn't give enough detail.  That's what I thought originally, but I couldn't
see an X11 directory (or anything else starting with X) in the etc directory,
so I was extremely confused.

I've now realised that this is because ls doesn't support | less or | more, so
those directories were scrolling off the screen.

                64 bit computing with Kubuntu Linux

--
Next meeting: Dorchester, Tuesday 2009-11-03 20:00
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/