Hi Simon,

Re:
> 'm assuming you'/ve already written the part of the samba config file that
> allows specific directories to be shared on a windows share.
> If you haven't, I'll dig out my config and send it over.

I assume so but being a 'GUI' person I couldn't say for certain what files were
actually written to. My previous attempts were made using the tools in KDE3.5
in Hardy. Now I'm using KDE4.2 in Jaunty which seems to have moved backwards
by having much poorer toolset.

I assume the file you are talking about is 'smb.conf'? It would be useful to
know what to look for in the file so would be grateful if you could send a copy
of your file.

Cheers, Kevin Giles

--
Next meeting: Dorchester, Tuesday 2009-11-03 20:00
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/