On Sunday 08 Nov 2009, John Cooper wrote:
> I've never thought Wallisdown was a good venue as few attend the Uni and
> not a particular pleasant area. Bournemouth Asda location is even worse
> as nothing around there and no parking. Dorchester Wetherspoon is a good
> location for people in that area. In Poole/Bournemouth the pubs are

Interestingly, the Dorchester venue pulls in the crowds from areas as diverse
as Corfe Mullen, Broadstone and Wimborne in the East, to Weymouth in the South
and Bridport in the West.  AFAICT, Bournemouth has only ever brought in people
from the Poole/Bournemouth conurbation (apart from when Ralph came of course).

I can't put a finger on it (apart from the cheap beer of course), but ever
since we decided to alternate between Dorchester and Wallisdown, we've had
more take up for the Dorchester Meetings, even though most people in Dorset
live in the East.

> pretty poor venues as either no wireless or too noisy. Plus the fact all
> the pubs have CCTV, so the paranoid amongst us will feel big brother (is
> that M$ ?) is watching them. So I doubt this issue will ever be resolved
> as in all the years no one has come up with anything better than the
> Kings Arms.

I would like to think it could be.

                64 bit computing with Kubuntu Linux

--
Next meeting: Bournemouth, Wednesday 2009-12-02 20:00
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/