Anyone installed Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10 yet?  I've just run it from a USB
stick to show my wife the differences between 9.04 and 9.10.  It seems a step
forward and if the boot speed on an installed system is enhanced as much as
full blown Kubuntu was, then it's worth it for that alone.

The problem is; Skype doesn't appear in the repositories any more.  It does in
full blown Kubuntu, so I'm not sure why.  Lynn uses Skype almost daily to talk
to our daughter at Uni, so she doesn't want to install this unless she is sure
it will work.

So anyone got this combo working?  I've seen some stuff on the Internet about
this, but nothing much that gives me confidence that it isn't going to be a
real pain.

She has an Asus EEE 900.

                64 bit computing with Kubuntu Linux

--
Next meeting: Bournemouth, Wednesday 2009-12-02 20:00
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/