Video;
 http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/1004#Working%20around%
20bugs%20in%20the%20new%20kernel%20video%20architecture
This workaround alters the startup parameters of the video kernel in the
Grub config.
When I did it, Cheese started recording properly again.
Kdenlive is a dead duck as far as importing video clips is concerned, so
now I export them from Pitivi(the new 10.04 video editor-sounds like
they had a reason for putting that in!) and then these can be imported
into 'OpenShot' from GDEB, which is actually a half decent video editor
with an APT installer link at GDEB.
This exports to mp4, without the detail of Kdenlive, but a low, medium
and high quality setting. File sizes are ok, I'll try the low next, it
should be good enough for YouTube.
Hairy, but it beats a reversion, and OpenShot works much better than
Kdenlive.
Simono

--
Next meeting: Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-05-11 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413