On Tuesday 01 Jun 2010, Andrew Drapper wrote:
> But I think I am going to have to be a little unfaithful again. I need to
> use a programme that I do not believe will work in wine, (logos 4), so I am
> thinking of runing a virtual XP install using Sun VirtualBox. I have three
> questions.

Are you certain it won't work in wine?  Before you bust a gut to get Windows
working in a Virtual Machine try installing the wine PPA
(http://www.winehq.org/download/deb).  This will provide you with the latest
RC (wine 1.2-rc2), which is much better than the default 1.1.x that is
provided with 10.04 out of the box.

I am running Memory-Map (http://www.memory-map.co.uk) very successfully this
way and everything works.

                64 bit computing with Kubuntu Linux

--
Next meeting: C4L and Bournemouth, Wednesday 2010-06-02 19:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413