Hi

I was wondering whether anyone has experience of pam_mount for mounting
cifs shares on login. I've been battling with V0.44 for the last couple
of days on a Debian Lenny box:

- Success with gdm and normal logins with volumes defined in
/etc/pam_mount.conf.xml, although sgrp option, which I could really do
with, appears broke.

- No joy mounting with a per-user (~/.pam_mount.conf.xml) setup (I'm
guessing permissions as the per-user file is run as the user). This
would have been a work-around for the sgrp issue. Tried mount -t cifs
and mount.cifs - the latter with suid set can be run by non-root users
(which is what I'm doing at the moment in a script) so I had high hopes
of that actually working.

- At present still not got ssh logins working, but at that point
Googling came up with need to set PasswordAuthentication to yes in
sshd_config, which is frankly a bit of a turn-off. Would be interested
to know whether there's a way around this, as if not I'll probably
abandon the idea.

This is my first toe-dip into pam.

Cheers

Tim

--
Next meeting: C4L and Bournemouth, Wednesday 2010-06-02 19:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413