@Sean: Thanks for the tips re: venues.

I have been to the BIC once already (went to see Pet Shop Boys) and I've
noticed the O2 though I haven't had the occasion to go there yet. I might
also go and see Madness and Scissor Sisters (both at the BIC).

@Alex: I very much prefer folk music to r'n'b/hip-hop/urban! I'm not an
expert but I'm certainly open to it and I enjoy stuff like early Bob Dylan.
Do you know of any folk music venue?

I'll check out dotDorset. For now, I've made a note in my diary for the next
LUG meet in Bournemouth (I think I'll be away on holidays for the one in
Blandform Forum).

We came down to Bournemouth because London was becoming too stressful, not
to mention ridiculously expensive, but it takes a bit longer to find people
with similar interests down here (fewer venues & obvious meeting places for
a newcomer to the area) but I'm really enjoying living here, it's so
relaxing (& I already sleep much better than I did in London).

Google Android, programming and web design at http://www.cogitas.net/blog/