On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 14:40 +0000, Nicky Scopes wrote:
> hi all, whilst on my travels i came across a new linux magazine in whsmith,
> its
> called Linux & Open Source Genius Guide Volume 1.
> and its massive with over 200 pages, it has tutorials aswell as the usuall
> stuff
> that a computer mag has, but at £14.99 its a bit expensive, the free dvd has
> lots of software including googles new operating system which is essentially
> based on ubuntu.
> i usually buy linux format, i have tried linux magazine but that one seems to
> be
> for those that use linux in their jobs.
> i just wondered what do other users in the dorset lug like to read?

I have a couple of Linux books that I seldom refer to, becasue they are
too academic. Mostly, because I have my own ideas and am looking for
solutions, I use the web, and if I can't find an answer there, I ask
here.

I did a search for 'linux open source genius', and found this source of
books, at a good price.

http://www.ebookcomputer.com/LINUX_OPEN_SOURCE_-_GENIUS_GUIDE-ebook---.html

Peter

--
Next meeting: Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-09-07 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413