I have been wondering why I am having trouble setting up an HP Parallel
printer, and every time I try and install anything, like cups, It
terminates with an error due to acpi control.

My grub file ends with a statement that I added a couple of months ago:

# added 22-6-10 to enable temperature sensors
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="acpi_enforce_resources=lax"

If I take out this line I won't have the temperatures showing in Conky,
which I guess I could do without now, But is there any better way to
sort it out?

Peter

--
Next meeting: Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-09-07 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413