Hi Peter,

> > I have been wondering why I am having trouble setting up an HP
> > Parallel printer, and every time I try and install anything, like
> > cups, It terminates with an error due to acpi control.

That's a bit vague.  :-)

> > My grub file ends with a statement that I added a couple of months
> > ago:
> >
> > # added 22-6-10 to enable temperature sensors
> > GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="acpi_enforce_resources=lax"
>
> Is anyone else having problems with ACPI control. I notice that it is
> an open bug to do with LSB bits.

Have you a link or bug number?

> I have just done a set of upgrades that ended with an error message
> about ACPI, but they have installed successfully.

Again, it's hard to Google or search source code for that error message.
I suspect it is a knock-on effect from your "lax" boot option and you
may want to try not using that for a bit to see if your upgrades are
error-message free.

Cheers,
Ralph.

--
Next meeting: Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-09-07 20:00