On Friday 27 August 2010 13:52:29 Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought this would interest some on the list.  Some Python is used to
> generate a WAV sound file to be played into an old late-70s computer, as
> if from a tape recorder.
>
>     Using Python to Encode Cassette Recordings for my Superboard II
>     http://dabeaz.blogspot.com/2010/08/using-python-to-encode-cassette.html
>
> Anyone else remember those `wafer thin' 45rpms that shipped for a little
> while in magazines?  Don't think I ever got one to work.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralph.

That  is a great link Ralph, my first play on a computer was something similar
to the one they mention, home built (from a kit) in a homemade wooden case. I
listened to the recording on the program being uploaded and it brought back all
those frustrating minutes sat waiting for my Spectrum to attempt to load a
program and more often than not fail.

Tim

--
Next meeting: Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-09-07 20:00