Hi Ralph

On 27/08/10 13:52, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
Hi,

I thought this would interest some on the list.  Some Python is used to
generate a WAV sound file to be played into an old late-70s computer, as
if from a tape recorder.

    Using Python to Encode Cassette Recordings for my Superboard II
    http://dabeaz.blogspot.com/2010/08/using-python-to-encode-cassette.html

Brought back fond memories of my first computer, UK101 (1979) which was a British clone of the Superboard, with slightly higher screen resolution and a bit more I/O (like 20mA current loop, possibly RS232, I don't quite remember). It came as a kit of parts, had to be soldered together, and actually fired up first time. I got the Levanthal 6502 Assembly Language book and my first reaction was Wow - does this processor really do all this! Assembly language seemed far more fun than Basic, and before I got an assembler it was all hand coded into machine code hex. It was only a couple of years ago that I threw it out.

Cheers

Tim

--
Next meeting: Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-09-07 20:00