Hi Simon,

> I've calmed down enough now, Ralph.

:-)

> Please pass this on to the appropriate levels.
> 1)HP 2133 needs additions to the xorg.conf file with 10.04 to make the
> external monitor port work.
> 2)These mods prevent X from loading with 10.10.
> 3)Iff you take the mods out, 10.10 should be fine.

I think it's only reasonable to expect an upgrade to go from packages
from the repositories for 10.04 to packages for 10.10.  The more
tinkering outside of packages that's gone on, e.g. to get sound working,
PulseAudio upgrade, etc., the less likely the upgrade to work.

Cheers,
Ralph.

--
Next meeting:  Crown Hotel, Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-11-02 20:00