On Sunday 10 Oct 2010, Simon O'Riordan wrote:
> Terry - my Netbook version specified a network connection in the install
> dialogue. It automatically hacked the B43 and I had nothing to do once I
> pulled the Ethernet out.

AIR the Kubuntu installer didn't say anything about plugging in a network
cable, so we had no internet access until I plugged one in after the first
boot-up.

I noticed that the installer takes advantage of network availability if it's
there and does the online updates as part of the installation, but if it
suggested a wired connection in the absence of Wi-Fi, we didn't notice.

                64 bit computing with Kubuntu Linux

--
Next meeting:  Crown Hotel, Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-11-02 20:00