On 11/10/10 16:04, d-...@hadrian-way.co.uk wrote:

Thanks.  I've now got that far, but still no graphical display at the PC end
when I run my script.  I don't suppose that there is any reason why the
SparcServer wouldn't do this?  Could it have been set up originally to prevent
remote graphical working?

What happens when you run xterm or xclock? Do you see an error? Best to get that working first. Solaris is normally no problem for remote X windows, Linux tends to lock it down now for security reasons.

There is vnc on http://www.sunfreeware.com or another way is to use SSH tunnelling which is more secure as X is unencrypted. Note Solaris uses the commercial SSH and not openSSH which should be fine except they use a different key formats so just logon with a password, not key-exchange (they can work together, just a bit more hassle).