> The other day I installed Windows 7 in a kvm virtual machine, using kvm's
> default networking setup, and somehow Windows managed to get a real routable
> IPv6 address! I'm not sure how it did that as there's no IPv6 on my network
> at all

Windows 7 uses Teredo tunneling by default, which gives you a tunnel
to an IPv4 server with an IPv6 connection to get you the IPv6 tunneled
all the way.
However, only apps designed for it will work with it in Windows. So no
ipv6.google.com in the browser.

You can get free software for the protocol by installing the Miredo
package and it will work the same, except give you a network virtual
device called "teredo" which it tunnels all IPv6 traffic through, and
you CAN get ipv6.google.com!

--
Next meeting:  Somewhere quiet, Bournemouth, ???day 2010-12-?? 20:00