On 02/12/10 08:22, Peter Merchant wrote:
On Wed, 2010-12-01 at 21:53 +0000, C A Wills wrote:
On 01/12/10 21:28, StarLion wrote:
They have now dropped that option and given:- Excel, OS X or PDF.

I downloaded both the summary and the Detailed bill.

The summary came as an .xls, the detailed breakdown came down without a
file extension. I opened it with Excel, and saved it as an Excel file,
and then was able to look at it in Open Office.

If you just rename the file with the .xls extension, does it open? I ask
becasue the EXcel file that I saved is larger than the Un-extended file
that I downloaded.

Peter

--
Next meeting:  The Broadway, Bournemouth, Tuesday 2010-12-14 20:00

Peter

Thanks, that's the option I want!
Did not think about the file extension being wrong (fool). Just downloaded the file, changed field, changed to 'tab' separated and unclicked text file': all is well.

I thought there must be an easy answer, even Talktalk could not help last night as they replied to my email but Customer Services were not 'technical' enough so redirected to tech help, after 30 mins holding I gave up.

Job done so thanks to all who replied.  See you on 14th @ The Broadway.

Clive

--
Next meeting:  The Broadway, Bournemouth, Tuesday 2010-12-14 20:00