My computer is just about dead after 2 years use.

I would appreciate some technical help regarding a possible power supply failure.
The power supply is 350 Watts,  (FSP Group

I have disconnected the two m'board connectors and the 4 pin Molex to the disk drives and optical drives. I connected a jumper between pins 15-16. When I switch the main rear power supply on the PS fan runs for about 2 or 3 seconds then stops.

I have tested the voltages to the 24 pin and the 4 pin mobo connectors and all read correct. The voltage on the 4 pin Molex are also correct..

When the two connectors are attached to the m 'board and I apply the front power button all the internal fans run for a couple of seconds only then stop. The mobo light is now orange flashing until I switch off rear mains power.

Why is the PS fan cutting out and should it run continuous under no load?
If I can resolve this I will know whether to replace the PS or investigate the mobo further.

Any suggestions to make some progress would be appreciated.--

Regards,
Walter

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth, Tuesday 2011-02-01 20:00