On 14/01/11 20:06, Walter wrote:
> When the two connectors are attached to the m 'board and I apply the
> front power button all the internal fans run for a couple of seconds
> only then stop. The mobo light is now orange flashing until I switch
> off rear mains power.

That sounds like it might be trying to tell you something. Do you have
access to the manual and any error codes, or can you google a similar
message for your mobo?

The obvious answer is of course to buy or borrow a new PSU and hook it
up. I appreciate that is easier said than done for some, me included
most of the time, but as it happens I have a spare PSU in the loft that
you are welcome to borrow (nothing fancy, and I'm not sure of the
rating). I am in Hordle near Lymington and will be in Bournemouth on
Monday, Wednesday and Friday next week if it is useful to you.

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth, Tuesday 2011-02-01 20:00