See http://blogs.computerworlduk.com/open-enterprise/2011/12/uk-government-
open-standards-the-great-betrayal-of-2012/index.htm.

There's vague talk of a new definition of what is Open, but until then, there
is no longer a definition, so anything goes.

I know I get a bit heated about these things at times, but to me, the
definition of an 'Open Standard' is pretty self evident and the original
guidance had a perfectly good explanation, so this can only be intervention
from the companies with money.

Most of the world now recognises the benefits of Open Source and Open
Standards and the UK Government steps back to the dark ages.

<sarcasm>You can rely on them to do the right thing for UK PLC. </sarcasm>

                64 bit computing with Kubuntu Linux

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth, second Tuesday 2012-01-10 20:00