On Sun, 2012-09-16 at 13:28 +0100, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> > I haven't mentioned Raspberry Pi because I think the processor is way
> > too complex for anyone to cut their teeth on this.
>
> Point taken, though I was interested to see the series at
> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/freshers/raspberrypi/tutorials/os/ which tries
> to each ARM assembler on the RasPi where the machine code runs on the
> bare hardware;  no OS.

As a side issue, it was also interesting to see that every 2012 Computer
Science fresher at Cambridge Uni will receive a free Raspberry Pi. (In
my day all I got were free punch cards/coding sheets for programming!)

John.

--
John Horne, Plymouth University, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287    Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001

--
Next meeting:  2012-10-?? 20:00