On 21/10/12 14:29, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
Hi Tim,

Firestarter was installed but I never enabled it and un-installed it
soon after the installing the distro
What does

     sudo iptables -L

give?

Cheers, Ralph.

Hi Ralph

Sorry for the delay in replying, unfortunately due to my own inpatients and stupidity (unrelated to this apache problem) I trashed my installation so I have have had to do a complete new installation. This time I have chosen Xubuntu 12:10 (an upgrade from 12:04).

Just for a test I tried typing localhost and 127.0.0.1 in a browser and both worked as expected but I won't be playing with apache for a few weeks I have to sort out a Samba problem, watch out for the new post.

Thanks for all your efforts Ralph

Tim