Hi Tim

On 14/08/14 08:04, Ken Hutton wrote:
You can clone the disk yourself if you have a new drive e.g.:
dd if=/dev/sdb of=/dev/sdc

Or create an image on a larger disk e.g.:
dd if=/dev/sdb of=/mnt/newdisk/image

dd does a low level copy so it should copy the partition table and any
recoverable data. By only reading from the potentially damaged disk once
you may avoid further data loss.

Or ddrescue. Method of use is similar to dd but specifically designed to recover failing disks.

Cheers

Tim

--
Ken Hutton