On 13/08/14 17:17, Tim wrote:
> I had a Lacie single disk (500gb) nas but for the last few days I have
> not been able to contact it. I have rebooted it several time via
 turning it on and off but that made no difference, there is a blue
> light that come on and occasionally flickers (which is normal). I have
> tried to access via Linux and Windows, windows has Lacie disk manager
> program but that claims there are no disks. >

Do you do a backup of your backup? You indicate that you do. It made me wonder How long a DVD lasts.

I was looking at photos on an 11 year old one yesterday, and it was OK. My main problem with old DVDs of backups is that I have thrown them away, and then discovered that they contained information that I wanted.

At how old should I be 'refreshing' or duplicating my DVD backups?
Peter