I was meaning to buy one of those HP Microservers for myself, since we have
two at work and they are great units. I kept procrastinating, and suddenly
they seemed to vanish from everywhere. The only ones I could find were
either stupidly expensive, or second hand (which I'd rather avoid if
possible).

Have you got a link to a source of them at a reasonable price? If so, I
want to snap one up right away!