On Sunday, 30 October 2016 17:58:09 GMT Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> That sounds like you're clicking the wrong "reply" button in your mail
> user agent.  Outside of the list, if Patrick emails you, CC me, don't
> you have to be careful when you reply to choose between it going just to
> Patrick or me too?  A choice is also to be made when replying and one of
> the addresses is the list.  Your MUA might note the List-* headers and
> offer list-specific options, but in general it's the same issue: to whom
> do I want to reply.

Reading the thread that you pointed at below, I recall that I customised my
toolbar to include the Actions 'Reply To All', 'Reply To Author' and 'Reply To
Mailing List'.  Unfortunately, the last time I upgraded those customisation's
seem to have been cleared, so all I had left was the default 'Reply'....

I've fixed it (again) now.

> > If the sender simply puts the mailman address in the To Address field
> > and nothing anywhere else, then the list works fine.
>
> The list works fine?  You mean you get a single copy from the list.  Or

Yes.

> something specific to replying to the email you receive from the list?

No.

> Is it still Thunderbox you're using?

No.  Kontact (KMail).  Always has been since around 2002.

> > Ralph,  I have a vague recollection that this was changed some years
> > ago to prevent another problem, but I can't remember what it was.
>
> Start reading at
> https://www.mail-archive.com/dorset@mailman.lug.org.uk/msg05999.html and
> work your way down the thread in the footer.  :-)

Yes.  I remember now.  My issue then, as now, is that I never had to do
anything but hit 'Reply' for years and the message would be sent to the List.
Then something started sowing confusion (for me at least).  I don't know what
changed; KMail, or the list, but it still catches me out regularly,
particulary because the KDE developers keep breaking backwards compatibility
and settings that have worked for years suddenly disappear ;-(

I keep threatening to abandon KDE, but the trouble is that I like more than I
hate ;-)