Hi Tim,

Keith asked:
> > I noticed a script I added several month ago (and completely
> > forgotten it) which cleared the swap and memory cache over night
>
> Glad you found the problem, but what were (are) you trying to achieve
> with that script?

Yeah, if you have processes running that use more memory than RAM, so
swap has been used, and you disable all swap then the kernel's
out-of-memory killer will pick processes to kill to free memory.
Doesn't sound ideal.

Cheers, Ralph.

--
  Next meeting at *new* venue:  Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2018-12-04 20:00
  Check if you're replying to the list or the author