On 03/07/2019 21:01, PeterMerchant via dorset wrote:
I remember ed. I don't think that I have used it for about 30 years and I can't
remember what OS that was on.  I did use ed, but also edlin on DOS boxes.

I remember reading the CP/M ed manual in horror in the early 1980's (on a
home-built Nascom II which I still have), wondering why they'd still provide
anything so primitive! But then used edlin for a couple of years on early PC's
developing in assembler and C.

Incidentally, a pair of floppy disk drives with PSU, interface card and CP/M
cost around £800 in 1983 - £2288 today according to

https://www.inflationtool.com/british-pound

Tim

--
 Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2019-08-06 20:00