On Thu, 4 Jul 2019 at 15:16, Ralph Corderoy <ra...@inputplus.co.uk> wrote:

> That CP/M manual also has a list of control characters, page 20 of 26.
> Ctrl-L and Ctrl-Z I understand.  Ctrl-C is ‘system reboot’.  Seems a bit
> severe.  At least the Break key was out on a corner on the BBC Micro,
> Sun's keyboards, etc.

Yes... the same place the Commodore 64 put backspace. My muscle memory
sometimes hit Break when I just wanted to correct a typo.

I sometimes think the same about the default tty signal mapping of Ctrl-\
for SIGQUIT -- the two keys appear next to either other on this keyboard,
so is easy for e.g. a cat to type (or even a mis-typed Ctrl-Z undo attempt).

Tim.
*/
--
  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, 2019-08-06 20:00