Good afternoon Terry,

Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> > (Notes) that randomly drops Post-its on my desktop:
> I've obviously no idea what any of that is, but Google came up with
> links like these which look helpful.
>

> https://superuser.com/questions/1116231/completely-disable-desktop->
> notes-kde-plasma-5
> https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/cpmhns/how_to_uninstall_kde_n
> otes/ https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=123508

Here's another link, which agrees with parts of those:
https://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/Tips#disable-middle-click-paste-notes-widget

I think the key word for finding this information was "paste".

I constantly use middle click to paste things, but it never would have
occurred to me that pasting text onto the desktop might have this
effect.

It turns out that this note-pasting "feature" is present in (four-
year-old) plasmashell 5.5.5, but only when I have my widgets unlocked.
If the widgets are locked, then it doesn't create the new notes
widget. I suppose that makes some sense, because you can't normally
add or remove a widget when the widgets are locked, so it would be odd
to make an exception for post-it notes.

I never encountered the note-pasting feature before, because I leave
the widgets locked after I have got them set up the way I like.

Patrick