On Friday, 23 October 2020 14:43:49 BST Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> Why are you double-clicking Button2 at all, let alone accidentally in
> the wrong place?  And why do you do this often enough outside of any
> window so it's a problem?  Is it a dodgy mouse bouncing the button?

I'm not.  I press the middle mouse button once to simulate a double click in
editors and some games.

It seems that the middle mouse behaviour setting on the desktop is different to
the middle mouse behaviour setting in the KDE Settings module.  I'm not sure
why that difference is needed andI never picked up on that until Patrick said
that it was different for him.

Anyway.  Thanks for the help.