On Thursday, 21 January 2021 14:40:35 GMT Stephen Wolff wrote:
> My google search was for ‘Flask button names’ btw - as I knew that
> was a way to detect which button had being clicked for a form to be
> submitted. So Google got it right - the SO post explains the task you
> were trying to accomplish.

Even with those search terms.  I never found it.  The trouble is that Google
'helpfully' tunes its responses based on the browsing history of the person
making the query, so two people can search for the same thing and end up with
a totally different selection of hits.

> The book being quoted is a really good intro to Flask, and has some good
> ideas. Miguel develops a number of very useful Flask libraries, so is
> well placed. So, worth pursuing if you want to go further…

Yes.  I bought it.  :-)  It is good, but in that particular Chapter, pointed
to by Ralph, there's an awful lot about validation and authentication and very
little about buttons....

It simply never occurred to me that I might use a form with associated Submit
buttons because I don't need a form on my page, just a bunch of buttons.