I heard this discussed on the radio recently. Using the kettle to boil
water is faster, but using gas is much cheaper.

Electricity, even before the current hikes, usually worked out more
expensive for a given amount of energy than other sources like gas, oil,
solid fuel etc. LPG like Calor is the most expensive after electricity.

Obviously prices move around for all of these but this has held true every
time I've looked into it.

Example analysis I found
https://nottenergy.com/resources/energy-cost-comparison/