On 08/07/2023 08:33, Terry Coles wrote:
On 07/07/2023 19:25, Hamish McIntyre-Bhatty via dorset wrote:

Hamish,
Yes, there are compatibility issues with newer versions of mysql/mariadb clients and the old version of mysql the server uses, which is why the installation spec says to use an older version of python-mysqlclient, amongst other things.
Yes.   I was aware of that, but was distracted by being unable to log in via SSH, let alone the MySQL Client.
I'm surprised the users I created aren't showing up there, but I can't take a look for myself as the VPN isn't working at my end.
Can you suggest where I should look?

Hmm, I'm pretty sure PhpMyAdmin has a users section where they should all show up. They're obviously working even if they aren't showing up, otherwise the system wouldn't be running and responding to changes in the environment.

Hamish